Front panel USB ports not working

marknzl

Reputable
Aug 16, 2015
I recently upgraded my PC case and for some reason whenever I plug in a USB device Windows doesn't seem to go with it. In device manager when I go onto the connected USB device properties it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I'm currently running Windows 10.

Solution
The front USB Ports on a case have a cable that's plugged into the USB Headers. You should open up your case... and trace the cable coming from the ports to your motherboard. It's possible it's either loose or unplugged... or even plugged in wrong.
check that on the mb you did not miss a row of pins plugging in the mb case usb to the mb. if it usb 3.0 make sure usb 3.0 cable connected right to the mb. also download the newest intel or amd chipset drivers see if one of the usb drivers is damaged.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
The front USB Ports on a case have a cable that's plugged into the USB Headers. You should open up your case... and trace the cable coming from the ports to your motherboard. It's possible it's either loose or unplugged... or even plugged in wrong.

Solution