Cpuboss etc should be banned

con635

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
I notice a lot use cpuboss and some even receive best answers for spamming links to it, the info on this site is a joke, they don't run benchmarks, confuse very basic details and even maths. I don't think it should be considered as valid CPU info, eg I was searching something for a friend and an a10 5750m comparison came up on google, the famous cpuboss, I had a peak and was surprised to see the Richland chip in my laptop was arm based and only capable of 32bit os and kaveri was 85% more efficient than Richland, just wow. They use averages in passmark also, I like passmark, I own a copy but nearly every CPU has scores entered in the db that are pathetically low and skew the averages.

Solution
i dont agree its a bannable offense, but i certainly agree that cpuboss leaves much to be desired. to ban any and all links to it would be a form of censorship which we try to minimize here (as long as it doesnt break our rules, isnt offensive or illegal of course)

i can only suggest that you try and explain to members why cpuboss is not a good idea. many people just do not know enough about computers or parts to realize its not a good system.
i dont agree its a bannable offense, but i certainly agree that cpuboss leaves much to be desired. to ban any and all links to it would be a form of censorship which we try to minimize here (as long as it doesnt break our rules, isnt offensive or illegal of course)

i can only suggest that you try and explain to members why cpuboss is not a good idea. many people just do not know enough about computers or parts to realize its not a good system.

Solution