OS Freeze; no BIOS setup prompt; won't boot from CD/DVD

Benevolent Deity

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this but I couldn't find one that seemed any more appropriate. I have an ACER XC-603-UR10 system that's about a year old and just started having problems, as follows:

1. When the computer is first turned on it is supposed to give the option to press Delete to enter the BIOS setup or press F12 to select from the boot menu. Mine sometimes gives these options but a great majority of the time it doesn't and simply boots right into the OS, ignoring any presses of Delete or F12. When it is working correctly I hear 1 beep during startup and the message about pressing Delete or F12 is visible for a few seconds as it should be. Otherwise there is no beep and no message and the OS just starts. I've tried two different USB keyboards in several different USB slots with the same results. Sometimes I can get it to start working again by disconnecting the hard disk.

2. I have the BIOS boot order set to CD/DVD first, then external device (USB), then HDD. However, it will never boot from CD/DVD even though I've tried several different bootable disks and the CD/DVD drive works fine, and sometimes it won't boot from USB either unless I disconnect the HDD. It's really kind of a crapshoot any way you look at it.

3. The operating system (Win10-Pro-64bit) sometimes just randomly freezes completely and a power cycle is required to get it back. I did a complete clean OS installation to try to cure this but it didn't help. When I look at the ReliabilityMonitor report after such a freeze it merely says that the computer shut down unexpectedly but provides no meaningful information. I have reseated the SRAM module and run memtest86 for many hours but it doesn't find any errors.

I've also tried spraying freeze mist on the memory and CPU to see if there is a temperature stability issue but it has no effect. When I look at the OS Device Manager it indicates that all devices are configured properly (no yellow flags). Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this cornucopia of worms?