Recapping The Xbox Spring Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

seymoorebutts

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
If Microsoft is gonna develop all their games and run them like apps on the Windows Store, it's gonna be a shitshow.

Look at the release of Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC. Performance issues galore. Part of it is trying to port a DX9 game onto DX12 while working with UE3, which I've heard doesn't play nice in that regard. But the borderless fullscreen lock, V-Sync lock, and other configuration issues are because the game is an "app" and not a regular .exe program. There's no way (that I know of) to access config files that would otherwise fix these issues, and it's gonna suck for games down the line that are made like this.

And I bet it will be most new Microsoft games. They're looking to bond Xbox and PC gaming, look at Forza 6 Apex. I'm sure Gears 4 will see a Windows 10 release, maybe eventually even the Halo series.

seymoorebutts

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
I'll tell you now.

If M$ is gonna program all their games with their custom files instead of .exe programs, it's gonna be a shitshow. Look at the release of Gears of War Ultimate Edition PC. Part of it is porting a DX9 game to DX12 with UE3 not playing nice, but it's limited to borderless fullscreen, locked V-Sync, and there aren't and .ini files to work with.

Basically they are turning your PC into an expensive Xbox One console.
Well it will mean more gamers switching to something like SteamOS or other linux variant. I bought an xbox one and i think its crap, huge updates of 20gb every time i decide i want to play something, lack of media playback options, games that are all just bland variants of each other nothing new and fun. Going to sell it and build a cheap HTPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.