dell optiplex 745 not detecting second monitor after installing windows 7 ultimate

Vix_2016

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
After upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate from XP os, my mini tower Dell Optiplex 745 lost dual monitor setup. For some reason, it keeps disabling one of the graphic cards. Either I use the external card or the integrated one. The external graphic card is recognized as a generic nvidia geforce 400x with a VGA port. The integrated graphic card has what look to be two VGA ports, a male and a female. Is there a driver out there for Windows 7 Ultimate to enable both cards to run like they did when I had the pre-installed XP os?

Solution
I'm afraid you are stuck with 1 x VGA connection only. The other one is a COM port.
If you are wanting 2 screens, you will have to purchase a newer graphics card.
If you're not into gaming, then a cheap card with a Nvidia G210 on it will do nicely.

Vix_2016

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I went to the manufacturer site and downloaded the drivers for the motherboard. I tried looking for the drivers for the graphics card but can only find the vista version, not windows 7 - 64 bit since it's unavailable.

Vix_2016

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
http://imgur.com/LskDAhO

Here's what the graphic cards look like according to my system. But one is disabled.... due to missing driver(s)...? I've done the bios setup back and forth, switching my monitors around. They both work separately, but won't do like they did before which was dual monitor enable simultaneously.

According to that screen shot the other card is a VERY old GeForce 2.
I'm not sure how that would be possible since the chipset on your motherboard is a Q963/965 which only supports PCi-Express slots, not AGP, as far as I can tell.
Unless the motherboard manufacturer put an AGP slot on that board.
Anyhow, you are looking for drivers for the GeForce 2 card then from the Nvidia site.

Never mind.
You're not gonna get any joy from the Nvidia site. I just checked.

UPDATE:
Disregard anything regarding that Nvidia card.
I read your original post again, and it seems that you did an UPGRADE from XP to Windows 7.
I suspect that you might have had that hard drive with XP in another, older system before you put it into this current system and that this old system had the mentioned Nvidia card in it.
Am I correct?

I'm afraid you are stuck with 1 x VGA connection only. The other one is a COM port.
If you are wanting 2 screens, you will have to purchase a newer graphics card.
If you're not into gaming, then a cheap card with a Nvidia G210 on it will do nicely.

Solution