Should I Update Nvidia Drivers to 362.00?

shan9020

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Hey Yall! So I just noticed that there is a update available for my GTX 650. My current version is 352.12. I was wondering if its worth the update performance wise, if it helps and if there is any noticeable issues it fixes....so bottom line should I update to the newest driver?
AMD FX8300 3.3GHZ 4.2 Turbo
GTX 650 1GB
8GB RAM

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
you probably wont be able to tell a difference at all in performance but theres really not a reason to not update either as it can fix a few bugs that youve probably never even had in the first place and so on. i always keep the drivers up to date, just do a run through with display driver uninstaller and uninstall your current drivers and install geforce experience and run the driver update.

shan9020

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I think I will update...Ive always just installed the new drivers without uninstalling the old ones. Does it really matter if I unistall them first? And BTW im not a computer noob lol I am just trying to change my computer maintenance habits.

It's not necessary to uninstall every time. I will do full uninstall periodically as a part of regular maintenance. DDU works so well and is so easy to use, it's tempting to use every time. Only thing is that you lose your custom settings, so I don't do it every time.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

no that doesn't matter usually. with my 970 i sometimes have issues where after updating a driver my gpu fans will randomly spin at 100% for about 30 seconds to a minute, and during that time i can not control the fan speed with any sort of software and in my hardware monitors it shows that the fan is spinning at 0rpm until it goes back to normal and then it slowly goes from 3200rpm down back to idle speeds lol. and uninstalling my old drivers and installing the new ones fresh has always seemed to fix this issue, even gigabyte couldnt figure out a problem when i sent them my card so it had to do with the drivers, possibly rivatune issue or something with msi afterburner idk. but anyways if you have any sort of issues just try a fresh install of the drivers

shan9020

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015

Awesome thanks people! Makes my life easier knowing I dont have to unistall the old drivers, tho that right there is one of the main reasons I rarely update my drivers for anything. Updated drivers are known for causing issues. Computer is working the way I want it to on these drivers so I figure I should just leave it alone but it really is time to update lol

powerUserCa5h

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I did and had issues with my 770m, Games not loading fully, got a black screen, had to reboot. Tried about 4 different games same issue, then rolled back driver, and system loaded the games again, so 362.00 might have some teething problems! Might wait for next one and try again! Some of the games, Project Cars, Sim City and Just Cause 3. Aussie Gamer Queensland.