Can i run 2 monitors on GTX 750 using VGA and HDMI?

8tijmen8

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I'm going to buy a new monitor as second one but I was wondering if I can run 1 monitor on VGA and the other on HDMI. Will that work? or 1 DVI-D and 1 HDMI cuz that 1 monitor only has HMDI

I have a VGA (it says CRT but its the blue port guess its VGA) a DVI-D and a HDMI on my gtx 750

so will it work?? https://www.google.nl/search?q=gtx+750+msi&biw=1920&bih=963&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwic99G-gqjLAhXFJJoKHT9rDbgQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=L1t6MKwoQ1i7GM%3A this is the photo

its the MSI one black and in the middle MSI in blue

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
You sure can. Just don't try and game across both, your card probably won't handle it. If there's ports, you can connect monitors and extend your desktop to cover them all.
The only catch is when you go over two monitors, you typically need an 'Active DisplayPort', meaning you need to use a DisplayPort monitor, or use an 'active' displayport adapter.

Oh, and it shouldn't have any impact on gaming performance to run the game on one, and say a web browser on the other. At most, 5% depending on the content being shown on the website.