Unable to install Office Home and Student 2007 after downloading Windows 10

krzysztofgalka

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
I have downloaded Windows 10 on my computer and can't find my Office Home and Student 2007. Tried to install it from the CD with a proper Product Key but still get a message that the installation failed.

Solution

http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/285 <-- your card is not supported in Windows 10

As for the installer, have you tried right clicking and changing the compatibility settings in the properties menu? Set compatibility to Windows 7 and "Run this program as an administrator"

krzysztofgalka

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hi again,
I have installed .Net 3.5 and still get the same message that the installation process encountered a problem. It does not specify what kind of problem; therefore, I don't know what to do. I have to mention that after I have installed Windows 10, my computer started acting up by suddenly stopping working with a message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I found out that in order to fix it I had to update my video card (ATI RADEON HD 4300/4500). That worked and my computer stays on. Still, I can't get my Office Home and Student 2007 to install.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/285 <-- your card is not supported in Windows 10

As for the installer, have you tried right clicking and changing the compatibility settings in the properties menu? Set compatibility to Windows 7 and "Run this program as an administrator"

Solution

krzysztofgalka

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hi,
thanks for all your help, I have tried everything that you have suggested but still can't install my Office Home and Student 2007.
I really don't know what else can I do.

thanks.

krzysztofgalka

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

Hi,
thanks again for responding so quickly.
Let me start from the beginning, I feel like I have forgotten couple of events.
Before downloading Windows 10 I had Windows 8 with my Office Home and Student 2007 working just fine.
After I have downloaded Windows 10 I had problems with the computer staying on, I kept getting the message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE.
After trying different things such as recovering the computer to a previous date (not successful), and searching the net for answers I have RESET my computer. This is when I lost my: Office Home and Student 2007, as well as Norton Security and System Mechanic among other previously downloaded programs. Then I found out that updating my graphic card (ATI RADEON HD 4300/4500 series) could take care of my problem. And it did, my computer stays on and I don't get the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE message anymore. But because I have RESET my computer I have lost the Office Home and Student 2007.
Now I am unable to install it and I can't find it anywhere on my computer. After the RESET, I didn't loose my files(word and pictures), they are still there, but I can open them only in Note Pad.

I already told you why that happens! You NEED a new graphics card!

krzysztofgalka

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016

O.K.. Thanks so much for your help, greatly appreciated.