site:tomshardware com compare Intel® Core™ i5 -750 have against a Intel Core 2

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
  • Intel
  • Intel i5
Last response: in CPUs
May 17, 2010 1:49:15 PM

Hello, Looking to buy a new pc. All we do is photo editing and using the internet to list on ebay (using Turbo lister) is there much advantage to buying one with Intel® Core™ i5 -750 have against a Intel Core 2 Duo processor E7500. Will I notice much difference ... we don't do any gaming or anything

More about : site tomshardware compare intel core 750 intel core

a c 133 à CPUs
May 17, 2010 1:49:29 PM

You wont notice much difference at all if thats all you do. The I5 750 will be a little faster doing Photo Editing but that all depends on which program you are using.
a c 131 à CPUs
May 17, 2010 2:24:32 PM

saaiello said:
You wont notice much difference at all if thats all you do. The I5 750 will be a little faster doing Photo Editing but that all depends on which program you are using.

^for sure. Is there anything else you do? What programs do you use?
Related resources
May 17, 2010 2:41:18 PM

you wont notice the diffrence but the Core 2 uses a dead socket (775) and those not have L3. So why dont you look at the i3 line it's better for you.
a c 131 à CPUs
May 17, 2010 4:43:34 PM

Userremoved said:
you wont notice the diffrence but the Core 2 uses a dead socket (775) and those not have L3. So why dont you look at the i3 line it's better for you.

The term "dead socket" is overused and misused.
Socket 478 is dead. By today's performance standards, you will not notice any difference between most of the Pentiums 4s for that socket. Most likely, a computer found with that socket will already have a higher end pentium 4 anyway. No upgrade for this socket is worth the cost. That is what is meant by dead.
May 17, 2010 7:28:10 PM

enzo matrix said:
The term "dead socket" is overused and misused.
Socket 478 is dead. By today's performance standards, you will not notice any difference between most of the Pentiums 4s for that socket. Most likely, a computer found with that socket will already have a higher end pentium 4 anyway. No upgrade for this socket is worth the cost. That is what is meant by dead.

Yes that is what I meant.
a c 131 à CPUs
May 17, 2010 7:29:43 PM

Userremoved said:
Yes that is what I meant.

If that was your definition, then you are wrong. socket 775 is definitely not dead.

Also, Intel did not use L3 in that line of CPUs because they didn't need it. They had a larger L2 cache. The core 2 extreme, for example, has 12MB of L2 cache.
May 17, 2010 7:41:24 PM

enzo matrix said:
If that was your definition, then you are wrong. socket 775 is definitely not dead.

Also, Intel did not use L3 in that line of CPUs because they didn't need it. They had a larger L2 cache. The core 2 extreme, for example, has 12MB of L2 cache.

Yes socket 775 is not dead but upgrading a 775 CPU is expensive and there are no new CPUs coming out for 775.
!