GPU BSOD only on Windows 10, out of ideas.

decko

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Today I did a fresh format + install of Windows 10 downloaded from Microsoff, previous OS was Windows 7. After doing the install I started getting random blue screens so I ran driver verifier then checked the dumps in Whocrashed. According to the dumps my AMD driver was bad, so I uninstalled it properly using DDU in safe mode and made sure it was gone completely then got the latest Crimson driver from AMD. Same problem, same dump logs. Went through this for about 2 hours trying older drivers, nothing worked. Went out and grabbed a GTX 970, did a fresh driver install from NVidia and ran driver verifier. Same problem, instant bsod with the crash dump telling me it's now from an NVidia driver. Tried running chkdsk, all good. Reinstalled the OS, same problem. Never had an issue with blue screening or my GPU on Windows 7. I was thinking it could be my PSU going bad or possibly the PCI-E slot on my mobo, but then wouldn't the issue happen in W7 as well? Any advice is appreciated, PC specs are as follows.

• Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel i7 3770k
    16Gb G.skill
    Intel 250 GB SSD w/ OS
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
    1TB WD HDD
    Thermaltake 1k PSU
    Sapphire HD7970 connected via DVI-D to Asus VG248QE and HDMI to Hannspree monitor

Solution
Probably just bad memory that just recently died. Try using one memory stick at a time and if the crashes stop with some sticks, replace the others.