Please help me. After I tried Windows 10 reset computer is stuck on reboot...

Noobtothemax

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I decided to reset my PC using the Windows 10 simple tools to do so. I wanted a fresh start... But not this fresh where I think I don't even have Windows 10 anymore. I do not have my old product key number or disk. I moved and all those things were lost in the process. So is there any way I can get back to the reset/recovery options.

I left it on the reset screen for 16 hours and it was stuck on 1% so I shut down computer and it brought me back to the menu where I can decide to reboot Windows 10 normally or try to reset/recover. I decided to boot Windows 10 up. Now it won't go passed the gigabyte screen. Please someone help me.

Solution
If you've got a previous OS installer with you, you can can install your prior OS(windows 7/8/8.1) and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free though in retrospect I'd suggest contacting Microsoft regarding your lost box/activation key details though to be honest I don't understand why you'd want to throw away critical details like that since this error may very well lead you to buying an OS again.

Is it possible to pass on your full systems specs?

Make sure in BIOS your primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager. Furthermore can you get into Safe Mode? Follow up with this guide while installing your OS.

Lutfij

Titan
If you've got a previous OS installer with you, you can can install your prior OS(windows 7/8/8.1) and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free though in retrospect I'd suggest contacting Microsoft regarding your lost box/activation key details though to be honest I don't understand why you'd want to throw away critical details like that since this error may very well lead you to buying an OS again.

Is it possible to pass on your full systems specs?

Make sure in BIOS your primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager. Furthermore can you get into Safe Mode? Follow up with this guide while installing your OS.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
If he updated to Windows 10 already, he doesn't need his old key. Microsoft will have it stored next to machine details so if he installs win 10, when he gets to page asking for key all he need do is click the "I don't have a key" button and win 10 will activate itself after its installed.