PC randomly freezing when watching/streaming video online

mattsinclair98

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
I just build my pc a couple days ago and have been experiencing this problem from the beginning, when watching videos on YouTube and twitch my pc randomly freezing making everything unresponsive (mouse, keyboard, ctrl alt del) nothing works forcing my to hard reboot. I have read many forums and tried mutable different possible solutions but not has work yet. I thought this many have just been a problem in chrome so switched to firefox and experienced the same issue. I have only experienced freezing when watching video. I do not have a gpu installed as it has not arrived yet.

What I have tried:
Updated drivers using (latest bios f5c)
Turned off hardware acceleration in chrome
Uninstalled flash
Disabled youtube html5 player
Checked memory using mircosoft diagnostic (no problems found)
Checked event viewer and didn't find anything relating to the issue

PC Specs:
i5 6500
Gigabyte h110m-s2pv ddr3
Gskill 8gb (2x4) ram
san disk ssd 240gb
WD blue 1tb
corsair cs550w
Tp link archer t4u wifi usb
Windows 10 home

I have run out of ideas and would really appreciate anyone's help!

1) Get rid of whatever pointless malware you installed (slimdriver and I'm sure more crap like that)
2) Download and install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- making sure to follow the clean install procedures in the sticky
3) If the above doesn't work, use firefox for a bit.

mattsinclair98

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

I did try this and things where looking up as I was able to watch video for a couple hours. But.... I went afk for a little and when I came back it was frozen again. I have tried using Firefox but still froze.