Latency issues caused by ndis.sys and dxgkrnl.sys

BirchBlack

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
After upgrading to Windows 10, I've been getting really bizarre and intermittent audio glitches. Some digging around discovered that sometimes ndis.sys can cause DPC problems, which could cause audio issues. So, I ran LatencyMon. Lo and behold, ndis.sys and dxgkrnl.sys were having huge DPC/ISR execution times (~60-80k) during the glitches. If I disable wireless, the issue is no longer present, but that is not an option. No BSODs, either.

Here's what I've tried that did not resolve the issue:

sfc /scannow -- no errors
Windows Repair -- no errors
Reformatting -- same issue
Updating audio/wireless drivers -- same issue
Rolling back to old versions of audio/wireless drivers -- same issue
Updating BIOS -- same issue
Rolling back to old versions of BIOS -- same issue
Complete virus/malware sweep -- nothing detected
Disabling Ethernet via Network Connections

I'm all out of ideas here. Here's something to note (maybe): If I go into the wireless card via Device Manager and look at the driver properties, it shows that the Driver Provider is Realtek Semicondunctor. I found that odd since it is an ASUS PCE-N15 card and I've repeatedly installed the drivers directly from ASUS. Is this a possible driver conflict? How do I stop Realtek from automatically assigning its drivers to this piece of hardware? I've uninstalled all Realtek stuff I can, reinstalled ASUS drivers, but after I scan for hardware changes, it shows both the ASUS card and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, with Realtek as the card driver's provider.

Here are the LatencyMon results. Some questions regarding that...

Why so many pagefaults? Why does it say I have Windows 8? Why is it showing my measured CPU speed as 1 MHz, when I can confirm through the BIOS, speccy, and ASUS utilities that the CPU is running well above that (3.8ish idle). False value caused by CPU throttling?

PC Specs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
If you're not using your Ethernet port and your connectivity is primarily via the wireless adapter then disable the Ethernet port while in BIOS. You can stop the automatic device driver update feature by following this guide though upon further reading(& re reading) you seem to be talking of the onboard Ethernet NIC which is by Realtek.

Just to be certain, you've downloaded and installed the drivers found here?

In order to answer your last line of questions, we'll need you to locate your .dmp files, upload(files larger than 256KB's)them on a file hosting site and pass on the link for us to study. You may want to keep your system updated with the latest BIOS version while you've installed the...

Lutfij

Titan
If you're not using your Ethernet port and your connectivity is primarily via the wireless adapter then disable the Ethernet port while in BIOS. You can stop the automatic device driver update feature by following this guide though upon further reading(& re reading) you seem to be talking of the onboard Ethernet NIC which is by Realtek.

Just to be certain, you've downloaded and installed the drivers found here?

In order to answer your last line of questions, we'll need you to locate your .dmp files, upload(files larger than 256KB's)them on a file hosting site and pass on the link for us to study. You may want to keep your system updated with the latest BIOS version while you've installed the latest audio drivers from Realtek, chipset drivers from AMD and try reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia using this guide to move forward.

Last ditch effort would be to reinstall your OS provided you haven't changed anything components wise.

Solution