Tom's website is slow and timeouts...

Hi all. I've been noticing an increase in the frequency of timeouts on TH lately. It takes several page refresh attempts to not only see a help/question post, but to respond to one. This happens from many different computers and internet connections, so I know it's not just me.

Is anyone aware of this issue? It's frustrating to type out a 2-paragraph detailed answer to someone's question on to see it time out and go blank.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's taken me 10 minutes of refreshes to get to where I can post this but notifications have been sent to the people who can get the ball rolling to fix this. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Many apologies for the issues over the weekend! We had some server-related problems and, it being a weekend at the time, we were not able to respond to it as well as we should have. Once we were made aware of the issue (early Sunday afternoon), we worked to address it as quickly as we could, but it had already been ongoing for quite a few hours and it took quite a few more to resolve. We are still seeing some residual effects of this right now, in the form of pages lacking CSS.

All in all, we were down for ~24 hours, with varying degrees of accessibility before and after. It looks like things have started calming down this morning, but should it reoccur, please don't hesitate to send an email off to community@tomshardware.com to let us know.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Our social media feeds are currently automated and used mainly for the purpose of letting followers know when new stories are published. We do not have a dedicated team/person operating our social media channels, and I was not in a position to publish anything through them this past weekend. The previously provided email address remains the best way to reach staff should any issues like that arise; it redirects to my work email, which I get on my phone. Anything beyond that would remove what little semblance of work/life balance we have left :p

Looks like it is working OK this morning. I replied to a post yesterday, and it too was missing when I went to look at that thread today. Computers--who can trust them!! I think they may be a fad.