How do I check if Windows 10 has started in safe mode?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1579859
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1579859

I want to check if I run safe mode. I know that it says "safe mode" in the corner but is there any other way to check? Thanks.

Solution
with windows 10, pressing F8 is not the way to get to safe mode.
you need to get to either login screen or into windows:
-hold shift key while clicking on restart and.. reboot
after booting, troubleshoot -> advanced options -> startup settings -> restart
after booting for 2nd time, you get a list of startup options, 4 is safe mode, 5 is safe mode with networking.

-Another way if screen is blank and windows is not a possibility, is to use recovery disk

-"hack" way is to keep turning computer power off (unplug from wall or power button) 3 to 4 times to force windows to realize that something might be wrong and possibly giving you the startup menu and choice of safe mode.

so.. no, you wont get to windows safe mode by accident on windows...

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014

Those things aren't a given, you'll get that if you just don't have the right GPU drivers installed.

If it "looks like" safe mode, but you don't have the text in the corner you're probably missing drivers. Probably GPU drivers.

D

Deleted member 1579859

I just fixed the newest Nvidia driver issue that happened yesterday. I tried getting into safe mode with F8 and I turned on my other monitor one time which is much lower resolution and I'm not sure if it booted safe mode or normal mode, it was like regular start-up routine to be honest, the programs that start up when I boot my computer started fine. I fixed it. But I want to know if I'm repeatedly booting in to safe mode or not. I just want to make sure.

with windows 10, pressing F8 is not the way to get to safe mode.
you need to get to either login screen or into windows:
-hold shift key while clicking on restart and.. reboot
after booting, troubleshoot -> advanced options -> startup settings -> restart
after booting for 2nd time, you get a list of startup options, 4 is safe mode, 5 is safe mode with networking.

-Another way if screen is blank and windows is not a possibility, is to use recovery disk

-"hack" way is to keep turning computer power off (unplug from wall or power button) 3 to 4 times to force windows to realize that something might be wrong and possibly giving you the startup menu and choice of safe mode.

so.. no, you wont get to windows safe mode by accident on windows 10.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1579859

Okay, thanks for the answer.