Playing at a higher resolution than 1080p

Itswak

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Hey, i've booted my PC some long time ago, updated my nVidia drivers for my GTX 750Ti, and saw the auto-optimizations suggesting me to play some game at 2715x1527, which i thought was wierd...but then, i tried it and now, playing on 1080p just seems just bad in comparison.
I've had to re-install windows due to a virus, and now, i want to play my games at said resolution, but i don't know how to do it. anyone knows how? i've seen simmilar threads, but none of them answer my question properly.

Solution

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
I'm not sure with Nvidia, but on AMD it's something called superesolution I think. It's not actually showing the game at that resolution, it renders it at a higher resolution and then scales it down to 1080p in your case. The purpose of that is to simulate the effect that Anti Aliasing does, where in some games might have a better performance than applying a filter suck as AA. It's a matter of taste but both are resource intensive things and a 750ti won't get good results for most games.

But whatever, as you have already tried it, just look for the equivalent function on Nvidia.

Itswak

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

Its a powerful card for it's price, even today, when the 950 is concidered the low-end gaming card, it had some power to play games like BO3 even and RS:S on medium settings and AA at 1080p...

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016

Yeah, I agree with that, I just meant that it's not that powerful for higher resolutions.

This might be what you are looking for http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3587/~/how-to-enable-dynamic-super-resolution-in-games.

Solution

Itswak

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

Yep, works great. exactly what i was looking for. thanks a lot!