WIFI / Internet problem on HP laptop G4 240 - Windows 10

NOT_PROVIDED_693

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
I upgraded from Windows 7 professional to windows 10. I'm using HP laptop G4 240 model. My problem is with the Internet, I’m unable to download or browse most of the sites. It takes lot of time to open a website, but I’m able to stream YouTube without buffering. When I check the same on Windows 7 or 8.1 there is no problem of browsing or downloading. So I came to a conclusion that the problem is with Windows 10. I used windows 7 professional for 5 days, and I haven't observed any problem. I like to use windows 10 but these are my problems. Please solve this for me.
With warm regards

Hi,

Are you using IE or Edge browser? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- If you're using Edge browser reset it first.
- Click on the 3 dot icon located on the top right corner just below the close button then click on Settings from the drop down menus.
- Under Clear browsing date click on Choose what to clear then click on Show more.
- Scroll all the way down and click on the "Clear" button. Once done, reboot your PC for all the changes to take effect.
- If it resetting Edge Browser will not work I would suggest downloading a different browser link Google Chrome then test it again.
- Here's a download link: https://www.google.com/chrome/#eula
- If using a different browser will not work, do reinstall Windows 10.