Getting lag in games, time to upgrade?

marktilbrook

Honorable
Apr 19, 2014
So guys im running a gtx 760 on a i5 4570@base and 8gb ram. I cant play the new COD on low without getting serious frame drops, also my pc in general just seems so slow? my brother was telling me overall windows 10 is faster so ill upgrade to that today, but i have some cash to upgrade. i have about 600dollars so should i be looking at upgrading my gpu? cpu? ram? what do you guys think, again my brother said a gtx 970 should push my games up but my pc in general is might still be slow,

thanks guys

Solution
Good(?) news, nobody can get COD working without frame drops...

The 4570 is still a tier 1 CPU, no sense in upgrading it. Pushing memory up to 16GB might help with cod (it's a poorly programmed port after all) and will help for everything else, and a 970 will definitely push your average fps up.
Good(?) news, nobody can get COD working without frame drops...

The 4570 is still a tier 1 CPU, no sense in upgrading it. Pushing memory up to 16GB might help with cod (it's a poorly programmed port after all) and will help for everything else, and a 970 will definitely push your average fps up.

Solution

marktilbrook

Honorable
Apr 19, 2014

so you think ram and the 970 is a way to go? also how much do you think a 760 is worth now? i may as well try sell it