No Mouse Cursor When Starting Windows 10

ngreed86

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
Over the past few days, when i turn on my computer and get to the start screen the mouse arrow does not appear and the keyboard is unresponsive. I haven't made any changes to anything. When I do a manual restart from the box it works. Can anyone help me fix this?

Solution

Hello again ngreed86

This tutorial explains the reason behind the BSOD and the process...
Hello ngreed86

Can you please confirm if you are using a desktop computer or laptop? Also, please tell if the keyboard and mouse are attached externally and are they USB or PS/2 devices, or (in case of laptop) you are using the integrated touchpad and keyboard?

In case of USB peripherals or the integrated ones, you may want to go to Device Manager and uninstall their corresponding drivers, power off the computer, leave it in the turned off state for 5 minutes, power the PC back on and then let Windows install the needed drivers automatically.

Feel free to report back with the needed information in order to allow us to provide you with the precise solution in case the one given above fails to work.

Cheers!!

ngreed86

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

Well ive done that so will have to wait to see if it happens again. Out of interest, another strange thing just happened, my computer just crashed to a blue screen with a message of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - any idea what that might be? Started up fine after but want to know if there is something going on with my PC as ive only had it 3 months since building it!

Hello again ngreed86

This tutorial explains the reason behind the BSOD and the process to rectify it.

Although the tutorial and the embedded video explains how to resolve the issue in Windows 8, the method can be used in Windows 10 as well.

Cheers!! :)

Solution