Mouse stutter and freezing issue on wake - Logitech G500s

Superego366

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Hello!

I've recently had an issue where sometimes on waking my computer the mouse is barely responsive and is super laggy. The cursor will move but really slowly and I am not allowed to click on anything. The keyboard is able to get me through the password screen and navigate responsively. When I go to restart the computer using keyboard commands, the restart logo will spin and spin and spin and I ultimately have to hard shut down. When the computer starts up, everything is fine. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging in the mouse and the mouse completely shuts off and no lights are on.

Specs etc.
G910 Keyboard
G500s Mouse (Using the most up to date drivers).
Windows 10
i7-4970k
16GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 970

My only suspect is it's an issue with the Logitech software, but I've never had this happen before and googling hasn't turned up anything similar to what is happening. If I need to provide any more info please let me know.

Thanks.

Solution
Hi,

Do try changing some settings with Power Options first with your PC.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.

If it doesn't work do uninstall/reinstall the Mouse driver.
- First is to open Device...
Hi,

Do try changing some settings with Power Options first with your PC.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.

If it doesn't work do uninstall/reinstall the Mouse driver.
- First is to open Device Manager and uninstall the Logitech mouse driver.
- Once done, download and install the latest software for it from Logitech Support site.
- Here's the link:
Windows 10 32bit: http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.81.15_x86_Logitech.exe
Windows 10 64bit: http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.81.15_x64_Logitech.exe
- Reboot your PC once the latest driver has been installed then test it again after the reboot.

Solution