What is the best monitor arm for dual monitors?

Solution
It kind of depends on what kind of setup you want to have. Desk mount vs Wall mount, movable arms vs fixed angle, these are thing's you'll need to decide on.

Ergotron is generally one of the best manufactures out there, but they're also one of the more expensive ones. I use the LX Dual Stacking Arm, which runs about $250 on Amazon. I use dual 24in IPS panels are are a bit weighty and they work beautifully for this. Amazon makes what are basically Ergotron based arms, but I don't know what their quality is like but they are much cheaper.

I highly, highly recommend arms for a dual monitor setup, it nothing else being able to control the height of the monitor does wonders for the neck and back. While desk mounts can take up some room...

peanut88

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I bought Loctek D7D for my dual monitor setup . Not bad.
7BvVmzk

Kj4lJeV

xVkBSIk.jpg

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED

nearly all of them suck since they use up a lot of space behind the monitor just for the mounting. either mount your monitors directly to the wall (get creative), or use the factory pedestal. if you don't mind wasting 10" to 15" of space behind the monitor, then i guess there's a few options. i have a 6-monitor stand that i don't use because of how much space it wastes.

It kind of depends on what kind of setup you want to have. Desk mount vs Wall mount, movable arms vs fixed angle, these are thing's you'll need to decide on.

Ergotron is generally one of the best manufactures out there, but they're also one of the more expensive ones. I use the LX Dual Stacking Arm, which runs about $250 on Amazon. I use dual 24in IPS panels are are a bit weighty and they work beautifully for this. Amazon makes what are basically Ergotron based arms, but I don't know what their quality is like but they are much cheaper.

I highly, highly recommend arms for a dual monitor setup, it nothing else being able to control the height of the monitor does wonders for the neck and back. While desk mounts can take up some room behind the monitor they still make up for it with the desk space they free up from using stands. However if you can get away with it, a wall mount would make things much easier but it means you have to have a stud in the right placement of your desk. I would not trust a simple drywall mount with the 20+ pounds hanging off a small mount point.

Solution

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
i've got triple 23" monitors hanging on a single plywood panel (so around 30lbs of weight total) which is "bolted" to drywall using 6 screws with anchors, and NOT hitting any studs (as the wall has metal studs). no problems. the weight is going straight down, and drywall anchors are very solid that way. if the weight was trying to pull out, then yeah it would be iffy. a SINGLE anchor would be strong enough to carry 30lbs straight down, so the other 5 are for safety and to keep things from rotating randomly.

Makes sense given how your setup is done. I've seen a lot of commercial wall mounts for multi arms use a smaller single mount point for all the arms with no load distributed.

wulilala

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

Yeah, Ergotron is one of the best and it is also one of the more experience one!

Yep, the price sucks. Theres no way to disguise that. Worth every penny in my case, it helped considerably with neck and upper back problems I was facing because of the house I have to put in on these things on a day basis. To me the $250 was an investment, to others it might not read the same.

HealthyLiving

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Thanks to the modern day technology and products like monitors arms are no exception. It utilizes dual monitors with a mount that may be adjusted according to your requirements and certainly efficient in use of desk space. What I like about the LocTek Dual Monitor Arm is the USB, audio, and mic ports in the stand base, providing a stationary, desk-top connection point for my phone, headphones or headset. Taking this into consideration, it is definitely worth every penny you spend! Also, it got good reviews on NotSitting site. :)

That USB mc/headphone port is pretty damn cool. I'd seriously look at that if I wasn't already invested with my Ergotron.