Background Desktop image keeps disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So the last two days I have noticed my desktop wallpaper either resizes itself to 1080p - I am on 4k - or it vanishes altogether.

I have set slideshow to disable in power options.

I turned theme sync off as I don't have any other windows devices, wonder how i reset the data saved.

I chose the theme just called windows and its image disappeared as soon as I closed the theme window.

I just did a restart and so far image is there but its random.

I just noticed the location the photos was in was not actually the location my pictures folder was aimed at so I redirected the pictures library to the right location. It shouldn't make a difference since browse was aimed at right place.

Fresh install of win 10 (okay, 1 week old), latest drivers and bios. (Nvidia driver is latest according to geforce experience

Specs:
Intel I5 4690K
Asus Z97 Pro WiFi
Asus Strix GTX 980
Samsung UHD 4k monitor

Maybe unrelated but yesterday I found WinSAT running on my PC, I have since disabled it so it might just be a coincidence

I just ran SFC/Scannow, it found nothing

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may be the issue.
- Start by running Windows Update first and install all the updates available.
- Next is to uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver from Device Manager.
- Once done, check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- After uninstalling everything about Nvidia, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do observe it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If these steps will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I will run Guru 3d Display Device uninstaller in Safe mode and then reinstall drivers if it keeps happening.

It doesn't feel like a graphics problem, more a windows issue.

I don't want to fresh install windows yet, I haven't been using this long enough to have done anything dumb yet.

Do you have all these replies set up in a template as they all look the same :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I just re enabled Winsat in task scheduler as it was the only change I have made in lsat few days and all the desktop stuff has happened since then I think. Wait and see I guess, I am not normally one to go messing with what Windows is doing.

Also discovered I wasn't on latest Nvidia driver but it was only released 3 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.