Some keyboard buttons only stop working in game.

mcd0ng

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I own a Logitech G710, and I've been having a very strange problem recently. The "1" key has stopped working, but only in games.

When I'm just typing, the key works perfectly fine, yet for some games, the game will fail to respond to the button.

This is true in Counter Strike (a Steam game), the Division (a Steam and Uplay game), Star Wars Battlefront (An Origin game). However, World of Warcraft seems to respond fine. I've obviously checked the keyboard settings for each game, and nothing weird about the settings. If I try to bind any action to the "1" key, the game will just fail to respond.

The most baffling part of this, however, is that in the chat function for any of those games, the 1 key functions perfectly fine. As long as there is a text box open, everything functions as normal. What could possibly be causing this problem?

Edit: Bizarrely, Logitech Gaming Software doesn't seem to recognize the "1" key either.
Edit: Even more bizarrely, I've plugged another Logitech keyboard in, the exact same problem persists.

Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the Logitech gaming keyboard driver.
- First is to go to Device Manager and uninstall the Keyboard driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features and check for the Logitech Gaming Software and uninstall it as well.
- Once done reboot your PC and it should reinstall the keyboard driver automatically.
- After the reboot, download and install the Logitech Gaming Software again.
- Here's the link:
Windows 10 32bit: http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.81.15_x86_Logitech.exe
Windows 10 64bit: http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.81.15_x64_Logitech.exe
- Once installed do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it does, do also run Windows Update and install all the updates available.
- If it will not solve the problem I would suggest trying a different Keyboard (not a logitech keyboard) just to observe if the problem is a compatibility issue with logitech devices with Windows 10.