Computer BSOD's after upgrade (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
CPU: AMD model unknown
RAM: n/a

I recently had a client ask me to upgrade one of their computers running Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was successful and there did not appear to be any issues or hiccups.
I got a call from them 2 days after the upgrade that the computer had crashed at lunch time. I arrived an hour later, and the computer crashed 3 more times while I was on site.
I managed to see the BSOD and the message when the computer crashed, and it seems that the issue is with memory management – something about the pagefile being corrupted. They have never had a BSOD with this computer until Windows 10 was installed. The computer had AVG Antivirus installed before/during the upgrade. I thought that perhaps it was interfering with Windows 10 so I uninstalled it, but the computer has still crashed a few times since then.
I managed to get some of the memory dumps and have uploaded them into my Dropbox.
The full dump is located here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68289617/BSOD%27s/MEMORY.DMP
And a smaller kernel dump is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68289617/BSOD%27s/030916-27968-01.dmp

I’m hoping somebody with more skills at debugging than I have would be able to help figure out what is going on here. Doing a full re-install is not something that they want to do, other than as a last resort. Would this be a driver issue, or a faulty stick of RAM?

Solution

Most of the problems that I've encountered have been related to off-brand peripherals and/or outdated drivers.
Windows 10 could be clashing with the Card Reader or printer even.
Try simulating the blue screen conditions after removing both of those.

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

There are no Windows 10 chipset drivers on the manufacturer's website.
There is a USB printer connected to the computer, as well as a USB magnetic card reader/encoder.

joesavy86

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

Most of the problems that I've encountered have been related to off-brand peripherals and/or outdated drivers.
Windows 10 could be clashing with the Card Reader or printer even.
Try simulating the blue screen conditions after removing both of those.

Solution