New Motherboard, CPU Red LED, can't figure it out.

CMDeck

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Alright, we'll start with components, just simply because that's about all my mind can process at this point, due to I think this new build is going to give me a stroke. After the initial part of the build left me cursing in a language I'm not even sure I know. I had built with a MSI board that a friend had sold to me a couple years back, that had set in it's box until I got around to building, that after a week of flawless performance took up the bad habit of smoking on the back side of one of the capacitors, really handy. Long story short, I went and bought a new motherboard.

Parts List:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qYszzy

Now that I have everything back in place, I'm attempting to get this thing up and running and have found myself cursing again, fortunately, this time in English for now. However, I run into that lovely Red CPU LED that multiple people have commented on. At this time, I've retraced my build several times, seated and reseated pieces several times, and can't seem to get that Red CPU LED to go away and can't get a display to come up. I'm hoping that the previous motherboard's little transgression has not fried any of the other components, as a paramedic, I'm a bit more accustomed to working on people, instead of computers, and definitely not made of money. So here's to hoping for a solution.

CMDeck

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

The Cooler and Processor have a nice thin layer of Arctic Silver 5 between them and snugly, but not super tightly, seated over the top of the processor, same set up as before on the other motherboard. So I can't imagine that being the problem.

CMDeck

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Connected in the same manner that the manual suggested, which made it fully functional on the old motherboard. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that the MB fried the CPU while it was at it.

CMDeck

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Well, it has been solved. The problem consisted that when that MOS-FET fried on the motherboard, the processor took the hit as well. New processor = Computer works fine.