Windows 10 won't let me disable automatic driver updates.

Andy_44

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Hello, I just made a clean installation of Windows 10 from Win 7 few days ago, and discovered that I have a problem with my nvidia card for a game. The driver that Win 10 automatically installed for me it's older than the new one so I want to see if I still have problems with the game if I make a clean installation of the graphic card driver.

So, I've downloaded my new driver, checked to make a clean install. Computer uninstalled old driver and requested a restart to continue installation, but after restart, Win 10 comes in with his ultrasupermeganice feature, the automatic driver update and interferes with my installation. Again, the driver that Win installed is the older one...

How can I stop the automatic updates, I've done all from here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2763685/stop-windows-automatically-updating-device-drivers.html

Also, I have no updates to hide, you can see in these pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/hlalZ

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I have the settings to "No" and it stills download.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've managed to solve this by also deleting the nvidia folders from the C:/ directory. There were the installation files, I think.

Solution
Hmm, I did a fresh install 2 weeks ago, all I had to do to get windows 10 to update to proper driver was to right click the Nvidia icon (that shows in the area that displays all the programs that run at start up (Near clock on taskbar)) and select check updates. It loaded a menu with the choices and let me download the latest drivers from there. This downloaded the Geforce experience program and grabbed the latest drivers. Windows hasn't tried to over write them yet.

That doesn't really help you but its an alternative to trying to force windows to accept your choices.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hmm, I did a fresh install 2 weeks ago, all I had to do to get windows 10 to update to proper driver was to right click the Nvidia icon (that shows in the area that displays all the programs that run at start up (Near clock on taskbar)) and select check updates. It loaded a menu with the choices and let me download the latest drivers from there. This downloaded the Geforce experience program and grabbed the latest drivers. Windows hasn't tried to over write them yet.

That doesn't really help you but its an alternative to trying to force windows to accept your choices.

Solution