Dell UltraSharp U2414H vs Asus VG248QE

arctic_ice

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
On the IPS panel of the Dell UltraSharp U2414H is the backlight bleed/glow bearable in the dark? Will I notice the ghosting/lag (8ms)?

On the TN panel of the Asus VG248QE Do you have to be a colorphile to notice the colors aren't as great?

I casually game and watch movies usually in the dark so low-light performance is important to me. I've noticed any type of panel whether it be a monitor or tv can have lightbleed/glow, so can anyone recommend a monitor that doesn't have these issues?

Solution

I have 2 Dell U2414H's myself and I have been very satisfied with them. I was worried about the IPS glow too when I bought them. I cant see any glow or backlight bleed on my monitors and the colors are much better than on a tn panel.

I don't...

Denzor

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

I have 2 Dell U2414H's myself and I have been very satisfied with them. I was worried about the IPS glow too when I bought them. I cant see any glow or backlight bleed on my monitors and the colors are much better than on a tn panel.

I don't notice the input lag and the slow response time when playing BF4 for example, but i do notice it when playing CSGO. So for a casual gamer I think you will be happy with the Dell.

You should also notice that the Asus VG248QE is a 144 Hz monitor so you need to have a good pc in order to take full advantage of it.

144 Hz monitors are very good with fast paced games, but i dont think a casual gamer would benefit too much from them. For movie watching a good IPS panel is way better than a TN IMHO. BUT it really comes down to what you value more, movies or games?

Solution