HDMI splitter doesn't work with PC monitor

MidoBan

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hi guys, i just got this HDMI splitter to connect my laptop to both the PC monitor and TV. The thing is that my PC monitor doesn't have an HDMI input, so i use an HDMI to DVI adapter like this. The problem is that the PC monitor says "no signal", i figure it's got something to do with the HDMI to DVI adapter? what can i do?

This is how it's set up:

setup.png

Thanks!

Solution
If the output video signal from the splitter is too low the monitor may not detect that it is being dent a video signal.

The TV may not be as picky with a lower level video signal.

MidoBan

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

Yes, but i don't think it's related, because even when only the PC monitor is connected through the splitter (without the TV), it still doesn't work.

MidoBan

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

Ok but now how come it works perfectly with the TV screen, no matter if it's on output 1 or 2 on the HDMI splitter?

Anyhow, sadly i think that it's just not suitable for my specific PC monitor, or to the combination with the HDMI-to-DVI adapter. Probably has something to do with the communication protocol of HDMI between the devices.

Although if someone still has some hail Mary move up their sleeve i'll be happy to hear about it..

peace