Want 3 monitors for EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC GAMING

reddir

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Hi, I am looking to put together my first new desktop PC this decade.

I decided on the Game Changer build by BadActor, as seen in the Best $1500 PC Build article.

I would like to try 3 monitors, for the first time in my life. What would you recommend?

I am in the US, I intend to use this system for games (RPG, Strategy), watching internet videos (Netflix, YouTube, others), and basic productivity. I don't normally engage in competitive multiplayer. I don't have a hard limit on budget, but I'd like to get the most "bang for the buck" - making good use of the system and graphics card but not paying high costs for the best or newest tech.

I was told there are two types of monitors (TN and IPS), and the main issue being response speed and price vs better color quality.

As I have been using laptops lately, I lack the familiarity to decide what might be the best fit from the current options.

Given this system and my intended use, what set of 3 monitors would you recommend?

Solution
If you're planning on running all the monitors of one gpu , then the maximum you can really go is 1080p for each one. And your best bet is to go for is 24'' as anything higher is too large to have as a triple monitor setup(although this is just my opinion).
So just look for a good reviewed monitor that is 1080p (at least) , at least 60hz and you will be fine.

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
If you're planning on running all the monitors of one gpu , then the maximum you can really go is 1080p for each one. And your best bet is to go for is 24'' as anything higher is too large to have as a triple monitor setup(although this is just my opinion).
So just look for a good reviewed monitor that is 1080p (at least) , at least 60hz and you will be fine.

Solution