Dual-Boot with Windows 7 causing HDD errors

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Every time I go back to Windows 7 on my main 1TB HDD partition from my 70GB Windows 10 partition, Win7 promts me to check the disk for consistency, and when I let it, it finds a lot of errors and corrects them. This always happens after using Windows 10(1511, latest updates) and selecting Windows 7 on the boot selection screen.

Why is it? I've never noticed anything wrong from error messages using either Windows versions. So why every time I go back to Windows 7 it wants to check the disk for consistency?

My Rig:

Dual-Boot Windows 7 and Windows 10
Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4GB DDR2 800
nVidia GT630

PS: I used to have a 500GB HDD connected to this PC and it was installed with Windows 10 and I left its Boot Screen message alone, should I delete it?

PS2: This is a double post because I had posted in the wrong thread.

Solution
Is the installation of Windows 10 based off the free upgrade path or off of a licence key? Have you gone through this guide while proceeding with a dual boot? Make sure your BIOS and remaining drivers(namely chipset and storage) are up to date. Judging from the age of your components it's advised to run your drivers in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility mode>Windows 7[from drop down menu]

I wouldn't advise on deleting anything as this could make Windows 10 unstable and possibly cripple your system into non operational status. Might also want to include the motherboard in your above stated system's specs.

Lutfij

Titan
Is the installation of Windows 10 based off the free upgrade path or off of a licence key? Have you gone through this guide while proceeding with a dual boot? Make sure your BIOS and remaining drivers(namely chipset and storage) are up to date. Judging from the age of your components it's advised to run your drivers in compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility mode>Windows 7[from drop down menu]

I wouldn't advise on deleting anything as this could make Windows 10 unstable and possibly cripple your system into non operational status. Might also want to include the motherboard in your above stated system's specs.

Solution