HyperX Cloud 2 headset not working

shellnut

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Okay so I've had this headset for about a month. It's worked fine since I got it and I do the same thing every single day. I plug it into the back of my computer, use it for however long, and then unplug it before bed. So today I got home and I plugged it in and joined a Skype call with my brother. It was working fine for a while and then we got into a game and it just stopped working. It just completely went silent.

My brother couldn't hear me talking, I couldn't hear anything through the speakers. Nothing. The surround sound button doesn't glow red anymore when I press it, so I take it it's not working. The only thing that gives me any reason to believe it isn't completely broken is the fact that the "HyperX" logo at the bottom of the game/mic volume controller is still glowing red. It shows that my mic and headset isn't plugged in. I can't troubleshoot it because it says no audio devices are detected.

I've tried all my USB ports. I'm about to go insane, because I literally just bought this. I can't even think of anything that would've triggered this except maybe me using my external computer speakers for a little while earlier. Does anyone have any insight on how I could fix this? Thanks!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by running Windows Update then install all the updates available.
- If your headset uses USB for its connection to your laptop I would uninstall/reinstall the Hyper X driver.
- If it uses a 3.5mm jack do uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound driver.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed and test it again after the reboot.
- If it will not work I would also suggest running Troubleshooter from Control Panel.
- Next to try if all these will not work is to try the headset into a different PC and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will not work onto a different PC that only means that the problem is the headset itself.

Aug 31, 2018
I'm gonna go off on a limb and assume that given that this question as asked in 2016, you've already forgotten about this and gotten the headset replaced.

Having said that, for the sake of anyone who gets the same issue and can't figure out what to do, I just had this issue myself and it's because for whatever reason, your USB dongle has gotten worn down to the point where plugging it in normally results in it not being in enough to be registered by your computer, but still enough that the logo gets power. The solution I'm still working out, but your best bet is either to take it apart and fix it yourself, or to actively hold it in with tape or something, or to get it in tight and then keep it very still (for you that should be fine assuming you're on a desktop)