27inch 144Hz G-Sync 1080p Displays for Gaming and light editing

G

I'm looking for a monitor for gaming and potentially some light Graphic design work and video editing. Are there any 27inch, 114hz, G-Sync enabled displays with decent color accuracy that are at a fairly low price range, $300 - $450

Solution
Problem...
For the money there's a lot of cons vs pros to consider:

1) IPS vs TN (IPS better color quality, viewing angle)

2) resolution and size (27", 2560x1440 better for some games, and all programs especially those with small text)

3) GSYNC yes or no

Summary:
If you want GSYNC then you have to sacrifice other features at this budget. So you have to decide what's most important.

Since GAMING seems to be most important then I guess one of the two listed above, though the ACER does seem to be out-of-stock at least from that link.
Problem...
For the money there's a lot of cons vs pros to consider:

1) IPS vs TN (IPS better color quality, viewing angle)

2) resolution and size (27", 2560x1440 better for some games, and all programs especially those with small text)

3) GSYNC yes or no

Summary:
If you want GSYNC then you have to sacrifice other features at this budget. So you have to decide what's most important.

Since GAMING seems to be most important then I guess one of the two listed above, though the ACER does seem to be out-of-stock at least from that link.

Solution

gondo

Distinguished
Acer XB270HU This one is 1440p 27" 144Hz GSync for gaming but it's also an IPS panel which would suit you well for editing. Looks like a beauty as it's rare to find an IPS gaming monitor. Most are based on TN panels.

The BenQ monitors are rated as having TN panels that look every bit as good as IPS, but they don't have a 27" GSync. GSync is very expensive, AMD is giving Freesync away for free to manufacturers so they should be cheaper and more available. That acer looks like a winner to me.

G

The system is runnning a 980ti so i can basically crush anything thrown at it. i'm looking more at price. Its mostly for gaming but the IPS panel will help a lot with editing. Gsync would be a beauty to have ill have to consider the budget.

IPS GSYNC is expensive. May be more but here's the list from pcpartpicker starting at about $750USD:
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#A=1&sort=a5&page=1&p=1

(I didn't seen any 1920x1080 models that were both IPS and GSYNC)

soldier5637

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
Id say number one, you want an IPS panel. TN panels are pretty harsh colour wise. Trust me, I stare at 3 of them most of the day. One of them, my main monitor, is 144Hz. It's a nice feature but you have to have the hardware to push those kinds of frames or it serves you no purpose. If you dont, Id seriously look at 1440P instead. As per G-Sync I see it as a pretty large gimmick thats mostly useless. Just like another Nvidia marketing gimmick, Gameworks.
Update, I started writing this before you said you have a 980Ti.

Way over his budget though. It's $750USD.

G

Considering going with a 27inch 1440p as my GPU can handle it, Acer has some pretty good displays with an IPS panel which are slightly over the budget but will forking out slightly more make for a better long term investment?

GSync is definitely not a gimmick. I've used it and have a very thorough understanding of how it works.

There are lots of reviews and comments that show how it performs as well.

Oh sure, if you can maintain a solid 144FPS output with minimal frame time variation while using VSYNC then GSYNC won't make much difference. That's impossible for most modern games even with the best PC.

gondo

Distinguished

"will forking out slightly more make for a better long term investment?"

The value of this is totally up to you. We can't answer that. I can say:

In order of most important to ME is:

1) IPS (or similar quality)
2) resolution, and screen size
3) Refresh rate (144Hz vs 60Hz)
4) asynchronous monitor (GSync/FreeSync)