ASUS ROG G751 possible problem?? Need a solution.

LittleBitt

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Hey,

Note: Not sure if this is a Hardware/software issue or what not, I'm not exactly the most intellectual being when it comes to being informative on specific parts of machinery like desktops/laptops.

So I've recently purchased an ASUS ROG G751 laptop. I've noticed one impacting issue recently, though, and that is with certain things. So, I opened my calculator and wanted to use it to solve brief math problems with ease and realized that clicking wasn't working? Every time id try and click the numbers or click the clear button or click the multiply button it simply just wouldnt do anything. It wasn't responsive. Then i noticed that i have to actually use the numbers on my keyboard. But how could i use the multiply button, then? And that's where many flaws arise with that specific issue.
Another issue is with the time, I noticed my time is fairly off and wanted to change it, but once again it doesn't let me click the "Date and Time settings" when you click the time on the very right bottom corner of the laptop, I'd have to press the spacebar in order for it to open. And once it opens for you to change the time zone, you cant click it, you have to press the space bar and use the arrow keys to navigate down until you find the right time zone. This issue also disables me from being able to navigate down to OTHER options that arent involved in editing the time zone.

Basically, the big question is, why does this do this? Is there a way to change it? My other laptop (lenovo) never did this, and neither did my oldest laptop (HP). This is my first actual gaming laptop, and I've noticed it does this and i would like to change it so that i can actually click for system settings and my calculator instead of being limited to only keyboard commands with these programs. Im not quite sure if it does it with any others that come pre installed with the laptop, but It's still really a pain and I'd love to find a solution.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you look in Asus FAQ for your device, the trackpad not wworking is the first question. Go here: https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JT/HelpDesk_Download/ choose OS you are using and download the latest Touchpad driver, its under Pointing device.

Tell us how you go :)

LittleBitt

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015

It's not my track pad at all, that works fine. I've noticed that when I restarted my computer I was able to click things normally, but for some reason after a while some system functions, like calculator, settings, etc will absolutely not let me click "change settings" or anything else featured on the panels in the Control panel and much, much more. Yet, it will start to work after I restart and function normally, which is odd because I've never experienced this?