I need help building a gaming PC, help appreciated!

Midnight822

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016
Hey all, so I'm looking to build a gaming PC. I'd like to build something that won't need further upgrading for a long while afterwards, and will hopefully be able to continue to play future games at high settings for years to come. Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions!

Approximate Purchase Date: I'm trying to ease into the purchases over a couple months to pay for it in pieces, but I'm highly tempted to go ahead and buy everything immediately haha.
Budget Range: So I'm going to set my budget at $2,000. That said, I'm flexible upto around $2,500 if there are some parts that would immensely benefit from a $100-$150 upgrade.
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming primarily, with the goal being 1080p at 60 FPS generally across the board, also with the ability to do some 3D gaming. Then basic MS office suite use, some light internet browsing.
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: Everything in the tower is needed.
Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Preferred Website(s) for Parts:: newegg, bestbuy, and whatever is cheap
Parts Preferences: Are intel CPU's better than AMDs? I've been considering getting a Steam Link, but if there's better ways to play computer games on a TV, I'm open to suggestions, although I'd prefer to run no more than 1 wire across my living room. I'd also like to shoot for a high end GPU, like the gtx 980 or 980 Ti, to keep the PC from becoming obsolete in gaming for years to come. Or if I do have to make upgrades, hopefully it won't have to be to more than a couple of parts.
Overclocking: Don't really know
SLI or Crossfire: Don't really know
Your Monitor Resolution: So I've got two monitors I'd like to hook up at my desk, one is a 1080p monitor, and the other is a standard flat screen that came with another computer 6ish years ago, so I doubt it's HD. Aside from these two, I'd also like to be able to throw games over to my 65" 1080p TV. Are there latency issues with display or controllers if you're playing games this way and the PC is 20-25 feet away? My computer desk is on the same wall as the TV, just separated by about 15 feet.
Additional Comments: Don't care about bling, but I want it to be fairly quiet and have enough vents that heat won't be a concern.
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I've been wanting to get a gaming PC for a long time

Midnight822

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016
I did come across a similar thread from a few days ago where a guy building a gaming PC for his dad recommended this.
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($629.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($48.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($87.95 @ OutletPC)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($29.87 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: Ducky Ducky Shine 5 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($165.00 @ NCIX US)
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei RAW Wired Laser Mouse ($35.99 @ Best Buy)
Headphones: Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Black Headset ($174.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $2181.56

I don't need the headphones, but if anyone has some recommendations or tweaks that would make this better, I'd love to hear them. I wanna get this purchase right!

Midnight822

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016
Doing some reading online, it sounds like it's recommended to wait until the new GPU's release later this year. But I don't know if it's worth waiting given that the price could put me over budget, I'm guessing.