What is a good 144hz monitor with 1ms?

FlaccidSenpai

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
I am looking for a good 144hz monitor that has a 1ms response time and is under 250$. Right now I might get the Asus VG248QE but I heard that the color is not good and Asus is known for dead pixels all the time. Please help me find a good monitor with good colors and no dead pixel issues.

The one you linked appears to be the best one.

If concerned with dead pixels note that it depends more on the MODEL not the monitor, not am I certain that ASUS is above average (I doubt it). You should also investigate WARRANTIES because for example:

1) Some DELL have zero dead pixel for 3-year (one pixel and you can return it)
2) Some ACER allow up to several dead pixels

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
The Asus VG248QE colors are ok and there is no better TN monitor with better colors in this price range anyways.

Out of the box the VG248QE colors are very bad. You need to install an ICC profile and completely calibrate your display. It will look ok.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Monitors/VG248QE/HelpDesk_Warranty/

Warranties all vary by MODEL, but make sure you carefully compare them.

I bought my sister a DELL (IPS 1440p) with a 3-year, zero dead pixel warranty and it was 20% more expensive than the ACER model but that one had a 1-year warranty, allowed for dead pixels and didn't have the same free shipping (pre-paid waybill) my Dell did.

FlaccidSenpai

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
Can you play a game like CS:GO on an Dell S2415H IPS Panel decently like with no lag? I want to play games and also have it to look really good. It's either the Asus or the Dell. I only have the Dell in mind because even though it is an IPS and has a 6ms response time, my friend plays on a Dell with 25ms response time and he doesnt really play bad. I also consider the Dell because it has a really thin bezel and sometimes I will do video editing. If the Dell can game decently then I will get it instead of the Asus which is primarily aimed for gaming and not editing.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

No chance to the Asus. One is that the Acer has equally bad colors out of the box, two is that it can't be as well calibrated as the Asus. The OSD is poor.

FlaccidSenpai

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Are you sure? This video : http://youtu.be/8ntV5ikbJio shows a guy playing forza and its a pretty face moving game and it looks amazing.