"One or more network protocols missing" after clean install of Windows 10

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
So as the title says I'm receiving this error when connecting to the internet that says "one or more internet protocols is missing on this device".

First a little back story: To make it short, I just I replaced the power supply in my PC, and disconnected/reconnected all cables, including data cables. When I booted my PC back up I was having this issue.
The icon shows that I have internet but it will not connect in the browser or download updates.

I have seen other threads with this same error message and I have tried every software fix I have seen at this point, including uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers. In desperation I did a clean install of windows 10 hoping it would fix this issue.
I'm beginning to worry I may have damaged something when tinkering in the case, is it possible this is caused by any hardware?

Thanks for any help

Solution
ipconfig /all results seem okay.

This caught my eye.....

"Also, I am using an ethernet cable run through a powerline adapter for internet connection."

Trouble shoot the powerline adapters. Make that they are all secure in the wall sockets (no power bars or UPS's) and that the ethernet cables are securely plugged in. Maybe swap out those ethernet cables for known working ethernet cables.

Any electrical changes in the house? Space heaters, new appliances, lamps, etc.. Especially on the circuit used by the powerline adapters.

Can you temporarily run a long ethernet cable directly from the PC to the router? Or move the PC close to the router and connect via a direct ethernet cable? Just to eliminate the powerline adapters and...

Ralston18

Titan
I suspect configuration or software versus hardware. Barring some internal/invisible damage caused by or during the demise of the original PSU.

Would not hurt to go back inside and double check all connections, cables, card seatings, etc..

Run the network troubleshooter.

That may fix the problem. If not you may see a message with more information about why the fix failed. Click "Details".

Make note of that message and post.

Also run and post the results of "ipconfig /all".

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Here are the images of the results. It seems that all connectores are in place. Whats particularly strange is that my pc will occasionally gain access to the internet but it never maintains this connection for more than a minute. The troubleshooter will sometimes say that it fixed the problem but it did not, and sometimes it will say that it failed
Also, I am using an ethernet cable run through a powerline adapter for internet connection

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Screenshot%202_zpsehyc7ino.png

Screenshot%201_zpsgtrqigo3.png

Ralston18

Titan
ipconfig /all results seem okay.

This caught my eye.....

"Also, I am using an ethernet cable run through a powerline adapter for internet connection."

Trouble shoot the powerline adapters. Make that they are all secure in the wall sockets (no power bars or UPS's) and that the ethernet cables are securely plugged in. Maybe swap out those ethernet cables for known working ethernet cables.

Any electrical changes in the house? Space heaters, new appliances, lamps, etc.. Especially on the circuit used by the powerline adapters.

Can you temporarily run a long ethernet cable directly from the PC to the router? Or move the PC close to the router and connect via a direct ethernet cable? Just to eliminate the powerline adapters and electrical circuits being the problem.

Open the computer's Event Logs and also your router's logs and look for error messages. Specifically any messages that indicate a loss of network connectivity.

The goal is to eliminate as many possible causes as you can. I think the configuration is okay. Now time to dig into the hardware and cabling.

Solution

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I was hesitant to try this fix because of the immense hassle it would be to accomplish...
but i'm glad i did. Internet works great when connected directly to the router. This will at least ease my worries that there is something damaged as far as PC hardware goes. But now I have the challenge of figuring out why my powerline adapters are suddenly not working properly

Ralston18

Titan
Good.

If the PC is close enough to the router use/test the ethernet cables currently being used to and from the powerline adapters. Make sure that one of the ethernet cables is not the problem.

Try a fresh "reinstall" of the powerline adapters.

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Will do. Thanks for your help

147nrg

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Just thought I would give an update, in case anyone else has this issue and stumbles upon this thread. Turns out there was something with the power supply i had installed that was interfering with the powerline adapter I was using for internet connection, because when testing with a different power supply, the issue disappeared completely. What exactly about the power supply caused this, I am not sure