Unable to change resolution: Out or range 33.7 kHz / 30 Hz error

Sourav Padhi

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Hello friends,

I need a quick help :(
The situation is I connected a LG W1943 monitor to my Windows 7 configuration. Installed the drivers, as it showed Generic non PnP monitor in the device manager. Then when I tried to change the screen resolution, it gave me the max option of 1920x1080. But remained at 1360x768 as the recommended resolution. When I tried to change it to 1920x1080, the screen went black and a message popped up which said: Out of Range 33.7 kHz/30 Hz. I even tried to change the screen resolution using AMD Catalyst Control Center coz I am using AMD R7 250 1 GB DDR5 GPU.Even that did not help and I got the same error message.

My Monitor has 1 VGA port only (no other ports), GPU has VGA port too. So I am using a VGA cable to connect them. Is that the reason?

My friends are taunting me as I work in the Tech Support and I am not able to fix this issue. Getting mad with every attempt to fix this. Please help me friends. Save my soul :p

Thanks in advance!

Solution
You can replace a monitor with a TV, but in general you will not be happy with the resulting image quality. Since it sounds as if you are on a budget, I'd suggest you look at your local used outlets. In the USA that would include craigslist, in Norway it would include finn.no, in many countries it would include amazon. A run-of-the-mill monitor capable of 1080p or greater would be great.. Pay attention to connectors so you don't have to replace your monitor and your video card at once (unless that was your goal).
VGA cables support just bove 1080p (1920x1200). So it is not the type of connector. VGA does generally give a lower quality image by a trivial amount over displayport or HDMI.

The problem is your monitor. It does not support 1080p. It has a max res which you should be able to google.

Sourav Padhi

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014

hmm, so which monitor shall i go for? i m searching one online, but not getting the right one...can i replace monitor with a TV?

You can replace a monitor with a TV, but in general you will not be happy with the resulting image quality. Since it sounds as if you are on a budget, I'd suggest you look at your local used outlets. In the USA that would include craigslist, in Norway it would include finn.no, in many countries it would include amazon. A run-of-the-mill monitor capable of 1080p or greater would be great.. Pay attention to connectors so you don't have to replace your monitor and your video card at once (unless that was your goal).

Solution