VPN for Steam out of home streaming

CraftKing77777

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hey there! I have my system I built with all my games and steam on it. I also have a laptop with steam on it. Both of the machines have Windows 10 running on them. As you probably know steam in home streaming only works when your on the same network but when you create a VPN host on your host machine and connect to it with another computer it works. The problem I'm having isn't steam, I can get the VPN to connect. I can connect on same local network with the IPV4 but once I switch to my iPhone's hotspot I can't connect. I port forwarded port 1723 and I'm sure I did this correctly because I've done port forwarding before and it has worked. Does using my phone hotspot make it not work or is it something else. The error I get when I let it connect is: "The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempt ting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required for IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly." Thanks!

Solution
You may be experiencing an issue with your wireless adapter on either your desktop or your laptop or both. In which case I'd ask you to verify that it's happening only on your iPhone by using a smart phone other than an Apple product. That being said, are you sure your networking drivers are in order and to the latest version? There's also the question of which iPhone you're using?

Can you please pass on your full system's specs(for both your desktop and the make and model number for your laptop).

Lutfij

Titan
You may be experiencing an issue with your wireless adapter on either your desktop or your laptop or both. In which case I'd ask you to verify that it's happening only on your iPhone by using a smart phone other than an Apple product. That being said, are you sure your networking drivers are in order and to the latest version? There's also the question of which iPhone you're using?

Can you please pass on your full system's specs(for both your desktop and the make and model number for your laptop).

Solution