Which OS for gaming?

Montego

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hello to all.
I will be replacing a bad SSD soon that I was using for my OS only (currently reusing an HHD) and I was wondering which OS is considered now as being most stable for gaming and other [mundane] tasks? My gaming consists of primarily BF3 & 4, AC Unity, Diablo III, and misc. MSN games. I am running an Intel i5-3570k on an ASRock Z-77 'Extreme 6' mb with an NVidia GTX 780ti for my gpu, and five WD 'Black' internal HHD's. I am not overclocked at this time (yeah, I know it's all rather 'old school', but it still performs great enough to not seek a hardware upgrade at this time).
I am currently running Windows 8.1, but also have a full install retail version of Windows 10. Please let me know your opinions about which OS (Windows 8.1 or 10) would be a better way to go. Thanks in advance.

Solution
8.1 and 10 both perform the same in terms of Gaming.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/07/29/directx-12-windows-10/
Why Windows 10 and DirectX 12 Represent a Big Step Forward for Gaming

Frankenstein002

Honorable
Apr 27, 2014
Definately windows 10 pro 64 bit since it has directx 12. Even if there r jst a couple of games in market that utilizes the directx 12, it stil helps to make the better use of all the cpu cores available... and yeah, its better than that 8.1 crap...
Good luck..
dnt 4get 2 select d bst ans...