Windows 7 Boot Disk Failure

wurmhole

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
Hello, I recently put a brand new ssd in my laptop, the bios recognizes the ssd. Rather than migrate all my data, I just bought a new Windows 7 boot disk, for a clean windows install. ( I only needed a couple txt files off the computer anyway) I had the CD-ROM drive as first boot option, and network boot as last. The computer went through all boot options until it said something like: Exiting PXE ROM, which I guess meant that it cycled through all options, and was trying to network boot. After disabling all boot options besides CD-ROM, it simply says no operating system found. The CD-ROM drive is CD/RW and DVD/RW, (and recognixed by BIOS, so no issues there. The only thing I could think of is that the Windows boot disk is not meant for my system or something. Here is the disc I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-System-Builder-Packaging/dp/B00H09BB16

I'm no expert at what windows OS's can and can't install on different systems, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time and replies

"it simply says no operating system found"

In my opinion that means that for some reason your laptop is not reading from the DVD drive on boot.
It may indicate that the DVD drive is faulty even though it's shown in the BIOS (it's quite possible for a faulty optical drive to still be listed in the BIOS, depending on the nature of the fault).