Computer shuts down in 5 seconds after start and then boots again

LordKickapoo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Hi,

I have a "small" problem after i replaced thermal paste for my evo212 cooler.

My computer is now on boot loop after start up.I have disconnected all IDE/sata devices, fans, usb cables and gpu. Only motherboard and cpu and cpu fan is connected.

As i understand problem could be in cpu, motherboard or psu nut most probably in cpu or MB,

I took few photos of MB`s cpu slot, because there is two areas that concerns me a bit. I thought that here should be people who has more knowledge how it should look.

Currently i dont have possibility to test if my cpu or motherboard works on other computer and i dont have any spare parts.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0VlKBTmvXArQmpOVlJBV1E4VUE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0VlKBTmvXArLXpMZFZkendXUGc

If anyone has change to look at the pics and give me some info i would appreciate it.

gigabyte ga-z97x-d3h
intel i5 4670k
seasonic s12ii-520 80 plus bronze

Thanks in advance.

LordKickapoo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Well i think my mobo is a goner, i would never though how fragile connectors at cpu socket are. I think its time to start hunting a new mobo

Darthutos

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
to change the cooler why did you take out the cpu to do it?
The damage is on the mobo where it contacts the CPU.
I only did bend the pins on one of my mobo because I dropped a CPU and it landed on the pins.

Or did you push enough force to bend the mobo pin? Is that even possible? I meant if you apply enough pushing force on the IHS of intel CPU while it's on the socket and the mobo pins would bend?

moulderhere

Distinguished
I have fixed bent pins on motherboard and the board has worked fine after.

If the cpu is installed onto the bent pin and turned on, then the damage is done. By fixing the pin and trying again it shouldn't damage it again. It maybe already is.

Fix it and try again. Just be gentle this time..

LordKickapoo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
I was replacing thermal paste because processors core temps was on stock clock 99 celsius. I think i damages mobo while installing processor and realized it later. I think mobo is history and i need to buy new one. Tried bend pins back, but it is a no go.

LordKickapoo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
At the moment im hoping that my cpu is still okay.

I have bad experience with gigabytes mobo pins. When i installed first time my computer i bend pins from usb 3.0 connector and when i tried straighten it snapped broken

moulderhere

Distinguished
How does the pins look now? Can you take photo?

Have you pulled the battery out of the motherboard for like 2 min to fully reset the board. Then put it back in, just use 1 stick of ram and see if it turns on?

LordKickapoo

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
I did remove battery but nothing, i have to do some more bending when i have time. Also i need third hand for the flashlight, lol.

Ps. It doesnt look good, maybe even more bended pins :D