2 Monitors or 1 Large Monitor

fARQUAD_

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
So I am wanting to invest in a new monitor for productivity (or 2), as I am currently using a 22" TV and I have two options. Also, I want to spend a max of about £150

1. I do not have much horizontal space, so I was thinking of buying a 18.5" monitor and mounting it vertically, for stuff like text documents, so I can write at the same time as viewing the webpage fullscreen on my main monitor. I would have to use a chromecast though, as I don't have the space for cables in my trunking (my dad doesnt want any visible wires on my desk)

2. Buy a 27" IPS monitor. I feel this is the best option, as constantly turning my neck to check my documents would have some negative impacts. Also, I don't really need a high refresh rate monitor as I play mostly LoL. Also, there is no second monitor, so I can concentrate on the one thing on my main monitor. I would not need to upgrade in the future, as I would buy a very good quality monitor, which is what I wouldn't get with the other setup, which I would have to change eventually.

Any help would be appreciated.

fARQUAD_

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016

Im gonna go with the 27“ inch monitor. I'm thinking of an Asus VC279H. Wanna get an IPS as I don't game super seriously, and mostly LoL so I don't need a super fast refresh rate. I've started to get into pixel art so a decent colour monitor would help. I appreciate the support, I've just gotta convince my parents XD

Yes the 27" is the better choice!

When you present your choice to your parents, have the monitor specs handy so that you can point out the features. Present some data, and alternatives, and why this is the better deal for you. Product reviews and customer feedback also should be presented.This will convince them that you have done the right research and they will be more likely to approve the purchase.

(Similar to making a presentation to obtain management's approval on projects in industry).