How to connect 2 TV's as a monitor to a computer?

Adi4u4882

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
I'm thinking to set up 2 televisions to a single computer and making and two separate TV's which are 32 inches into a 64 inch one, i know that i can buy a single 64 aka 70 inch TV, but the cost difference is nearly triple in my country, But is it technically possible? Connecting to separate TVs to a single computer? This is going to be my first PC build, i have only used laptops for the last nearly 10 Years, so i would like to know if my preferred setup is possible

Regards,
Adi4u4882

Solution

Games can stretch across (not all, but many), but movies will NOT work that way. Either way, you'll have massive black spaces between parts of your video, which will make movies unwatchable!

Unless you plan on using each screen separately (but together), you'll need a real TV of that size.
Just get a GPU capable of outputting two HDMI signals (basically any new GPU with two HDMI ports) and you're done. Very easy. Just note that you can only set one audio output as your default, so if you want to output to multiple devices (tvs) you'll need software that supports that

This guy hasn't really said what he wants to do with it. He might just want extended desktop or extra space for presentations/kiosks. Hell, even games are possible.

If he wanted it to just display regular 16:9 video like movies or TV on two monitors in order to make the result look bigger, he's seriously confused.

Adi4u4882

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014

That's exactly what i want, good think you pointed that out, i want to be able to play games and Movies, mainly Movies. So 2 TV's cannot be connected in that way?

Games can stretch across (not all, but many), but movies will NOT work that way. Either way, you'll have massive black spaces between parts of your video, which will make movies unwatchable!

Unless you plan on using each screen separately (but together), you'll need a real TV of that size.

Solution

That's because you didn't listen to my post. That right there is extended desktop, it is NOT a normal video from a cable box. It will only play independent outputs, though certain games allow you to use all three, but each is independent!