Win10 forced restart for update, now pc is stuck forever on boot loading screen

Kanthos

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

Earlier today when I started my pc everything was working fine as usual. But about 10-15 min later is just restarted by itself for am update with no warning. During the process it looked more like it was installing windows 10 from scratch than a normal update. It had the whole circular progress bar and on the bottom of said "copying files" "installing applications and drivers" and "configuring settings" if I remember correctly.

It restarted multiple times throughout the process just like a regular windows installation would, and once it completed it's been stuck on the blue loading screen with the spinning circle since then. I recently reinstalled a clean copy of Windows 10 just last month and there's been absolutely no problems with it until now. Does anyone have a clue as to what happened, and what I can do about it?

I've tried restarting the pc several times (after I first let it stay on the screen for 30+ minutes undisturbed). And also unplugging my power cable for a few minutes before restarting. I have never fine across a problem like this before so I'm not sure where to start. Sorry if I'm missing any required derails, please let me know if there's anything else I should add to make it easier to figure out!

Solution
Have you tried going back to a system restore point? If you have and it failed, then you will probably need to create a windows boot disk to help your pc recover.