VR Headset's im interested in them but dont know much about them might wanna get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Toliet

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
so ya they look real fun and looking at them I notice their is alot of companies that are making them or will soon be making them and honestly id prop wait to early next year before buying any
ya wait for the price to go down a little id be hooking them up to my pc ive got 2 gaming systems mine and my sons ive got an i5-3570k with a gtx 770 and if thats not enough my sons computer
is a i7 4790k with a gtx 970 but i have no idea what kinda specs your system would need to run some of those vr headsets like i said i dont know much about them but they look like a blast and if anyone knows anything about them pros/cons id be very happy to find out any info at all would help so yea.
Thankyou

Solution
There are two main contenders right now, Oculus, which makes the Rift, and Valve/HTC which makes the Vive. I won't get into which is better as that can change depending on what you want out of it, how much room you have availible, etc. But basically the Vive is more marketed for "room scale" experiences, which means you will need some space available in your room, and the Oculus is more of a sit down experience, so you just use it at the desk. Of course the Vive can do sit down and the Oculus can supposedly do some kind of room scale as well. But do some more research on this if you're serious about buying one, and you should wait for reviews as well (none of them are actually out to the public yet, just pre-orders for now).
As for...

Tupples

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
There are two main contenders right now, Oculus, which makes the Rift, and Valve/HTC which makes the Vive. I won't get into which is better as that can change depending on what you want out of it, how much room you have availible, etc. But basically the Vive is more marketed for "room scale" experiences, which means you will need some space available in your room, and the Oculus is more of a sit down experience, so you just use it at the desk. Of course the Vive can do sit down and the Oculus can supposedly do some kind of room scale as well. But do some more research on this if you're serious about buying one, and you should wait for reviews as well (none of them are actually out to the public yet, just pre-orders for now).
As for what kind of PC you need to run it: you can download the SteamVR Performance Test on Steam. Just run it and it will give you a score telling you if your computer is capable of running VR content well enough. Again, we will need to wait for people to get their hands on the headsets to get an actual performance test with different system configurations. With a GTX 970 and an i7 4790k,, you should be OK to run most VR games comfortably. Not sure about the GTX 770 and i5-3570k.
Waiting a year or two is a good choice since the first gen headsets will likely have some issues. After say 2 years there will be a lot more VR content out there and there will probably be new headsets as well. .

Solution

Sexy Toliet

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
well thanks for the info now i know atleast one of my computers will run it so thats good news and ya im gonna wait atleast a year before i decide but i am noticeing even that game company's are getting involved in it too like the ps4 and xbox one so with that note im sure their will be some vr games down the road id like to play and then would need to get a vr headset to play but ya they look cool as hell im am very interested in them i guess we all will have to wait to see what happens well thanks for the tips man have a good one
cya

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS