Cloning Software for Corsair SSD

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
I just got a Corsair SSD and I installed windows 10 onto it. I finished and remembered that I would need to reinstall all my programs... all my and do everything to make it look like before. So, yeah now I went online and researched about the cloning software's and how to use them. The problem is that I just want to move my programs from my old HDD to the SSD. Is there a way?

If theres no way to do that then, I watched this video on youtube from NCIX tech tips and linus showed how to do the cloning with the intel software, to make sure... does it copy the whole os to the new SSD, so like when you reboot you get into your original windows with no changes and except its running on the new SSD? (then for example, ill have 2 copies of the same exact windows on my two drives). I can just do it this way if that's the case.

Oh, and the softwares. Online would say that a intel or Samsung cloning software would only work for that brand. Is that true because I don't want to buy the Corsair cloning kit, is there a different reliable software that would do the job properly without messing with my partitions? If I can use the other Intel or Samsung kit without any risks then ill use it. Thanks in advance!

USAFRet

Titan

It doesn't work like that.
You installed a whole new OS.
You can't "clone" your applications from the old install and magically move them into the new OS.

You need to install them all over again.

Or

If you still have your original drive with your original OS and applications on it.
And, if the total used space on the C drive or partition is significantly smaller than the new SSD

Then we can possibly discuss how to get your old install on the new SSD

So:
How large is the new SSD?
How much total used space is on the old C drive or partition?

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Alright lets take the second route, the new SSD is 240 GB and the total used on the old C drive is 129GB. So a lot of space left on the SSD :)

USAFRet

Titan

OK, then.
This is a good candidate for a whole clone thing.

Macrium Reflect Free
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Power off
Disconnect the new SSD
Boot from the old drive
Download this
Install this
Power off
Reconnect the SSD
Be sure you boot from the old drive
Run the Macrium Reflect
Clone from the old drive to the new SSD
Follow the directions

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Sorry for the late reply, I still haven't done the steps. I just opened it now. But would this also clone the OS, ensuring that I can boot into a OS on the new SSD after the clone?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes.
This will move the entirety of your existing 129GB on the old drive, to the new SSD.
You then enjoy the SSD speed goodness.

Assuming it works OK. It probably will.

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Alright now I feel so dumb for saying there is enough space but anyways. The HDD I want to clone from is 2 TB but it is split into 3 partitions 2 for regular storage and the 1 of them contains the Windows and the one that contains the windows is the partition that is 129GB. Would I be able clone that only partition to the SSD because the program allows you to select the partitions you want to clone. If I selected that one partition with the windows on it, would I be able to boot regularly from the SSD with windows and everything?

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

The program wouldn't let me clone the HDD to the SSD, it says there is insufficient space. The used space on the HDD partition is 129 GB out of 400 something GB and the SSD is 240 GB. How is this insufficient of used space?

Furanot

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Corsair has it's own software for their SSDs at http://, its called Corsair SSD Toolbox. Just choose your product as the webpage says, and you'll find it. When installed you can find "Disk Clone" in the software. There, you can choose which drive to copy from, which drive to copy to, which partition and how much of the partition you want to copy.

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Yes, Corsair does have a cloning software for itself on its website but like I told in the replies above. The corsair software needs the adaptor to connect to your SSD and output usb3.0. Which I do not want to purchase, so I'm willing to use another software somewhere out there to work with my Corsair SSD.

USAFRet

Titan

It probably does not. That is in the instructions if you are doing a laptop with one drive bay.
In any case, the Macrium Reflect should do what you need.

Richard7991

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015

Sorry bro case still not closed... Alright till now I wanted to screenshot the progress once again but I decided to do a test clone with my SSD to a totally different empty HDD laying around the house. The SSD like I said before has windows as well, so I cloned it to the hard disk to test the boot. After the clone I disconnected the hard disks and booted from the one hard drive plugged in that I just created from the clone and it wouldn't boot into windows the message pops up on startup something like select proper boot device, restart and select boot device. Something like that I did that, changed bios settings and it still wont boot from the drive. I dun know bro, sorry man things sometimes don't work out, but please stick with me(lol) :)

Mar 16, 2018
I just used Corsair SSD Toolbox to migrate my Windows 10 from a defect Samsung Evo SSD to Corsair Force SSD. It work perfectly, except that I had to change BIOS boot settings to Corsair second boot device, my DVD rom is first device.

I used disk clone feature, the software shows itself. It's free for download and you don't need an adapter when using SATA connections on a PC with multiple drive connections.

I find Macrium not handy, neighter Easeus.