DDR2 Purchase Question

Clocksmasher

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Hi, I have a pre-built eMachines ET1331G-03W that I got from Wal-Mart back in 2010. I've added little things here and there, like a better graphics card and processor. I'm currently now in the market to replace my old DDR2's, but I'm not entirely sure what frequency to get them at. I haven't honestly done my research on my board, but I'm leaning towards continuing to use it for the time being. Are there better DDR2 sticks on the market that'll fit my brand, or am I trying to upgrade something that's not gonna last much longer?

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
That machine came with 6gb of ddr2 @ 800mhz in four dimm slots, that must mean there is 2x 2gb and 2x 1gb to make 6gb. replace the 2x1gb with 2x2gb 800mhz to make 8gb. The highest mhz ddr2 available is 800mhz and a max of 2gb cards, they don't come larger. Best upgrade would be a SSD to replace the mechanical HDD but comes with the chore of imaging the operating system to the new SSD or a new op fresh install

Clocksmasher

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016

Probably should've quoted him and said "second"! Heheh.

But then again, guess that wouldn't be contributing much.

So yeah, I know about keeping your OS on an SSD for faster processing. Just wanted to know what's a good idea for replacing my DDR2's. Now I know to try and replace my 1GB's. Thanks!

Another question I've had is, what's a decent mobo replacement for this tower?