VGA to DVI-I vs VGA to Displayport or HDMI

Dan425811923

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
So, I have an older monitor that only uses VGA and I want to use it as a secondary monitor alongside my main Dell S2715H.(link down below)
http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=hk&cs=hkdhs1&l=en&redirect=1&s=dhs&sku=210-ADNE

My GTX 969 G1 Gaming only has 1 DVI-I, 1 DVI-D, 3 Displayports, and 1 HDMI. I am using the HDMI for my S2715H. I have heard that converting digital to analog or vice versa can reduce signal quality so I wanted to use a VGA to DVI-I ( dvi-i has digital and analog) converter. However it is not available in any local store like Best Buy or The Source. (i live in Canada) The VGA to HDMI or VGA to displayport is in stock but i am afraid it will impact the signal. Will I see a noticable difference in display quality and is it worth the wait to buy it online?

Dan425811923

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
I got the adapter and it works PERFECTLY. There isnt even any aspect ratio problems. FYI the monitors I used are the above mentioned S2715H as my main monitor and a Viewsonic VA902b for checking my recording when I am recording gameplay or checking render progress while I browse the web or go on Toms Hardware on my main. Thank you for the help!