Will GTX 960 4 GB able to handle 2K?

Adi4u4882

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
I'm planning a PC build with,

1)Intel Core I3-6100 6th Gen Processor

2)Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5)

3)LG 25" Full HD Ultra Wide LED Monitor (21:9) with splits 4 Screens & Dual Linkup
(http://www.amazon.in/LG-Full-Ultra-Wide-Monitor/dp/B00O7FNORK/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1458640804&sr=8-14&keywords=gaming+monitor#productDetails)

Will the GTX 960 be able to handle the 2K display?
And will all games use the 21:9 aspect ratio such as games from 2015(and new upcoming games of course)
And will be using it for A LOT of browsing, Using Photoshop, Illustrator, and mostly watching Movies.

I can already see that the GTX 960 is not powerful enough to power the entire 2K, but can i scale it down in few very graphic intensive games if i wanted?

I know most of you are going to suggest me R9 380 or R9 290X, but all AMD cards are very expensive when compared to Nvidia in my country, for example, the GTX 960 4GB is $300 and R9 380 is $430. And i won't game that much, but mostly will be using it for watching movies. Will it be okay?

Regards,
Adi4u4882

Solution
It depends on the game and what advanced settings you use. Older games will be just fine but new AAA games will struggle.

From a gaming perspective, there isn't a lot of support for ultra-wide aspect ratios and I doubt this'll change any time soon. If the game doesn't support the 21:9 aspect ratio, then you'll have to use windowed (or borderless windowed) mode.
It depends on the game and what advanced settings you use. Older games will be just fine but new AAA games will struggle.

From a gaming perspective, there isn't a lot of support for ultra-wide aspect ratios and I doubt this'll change any time soon. If the game doesn't support the 21:9 aspect ratio, then you'll have to use windowed (or borderless windowed) mode.

Solution

Adi4u4882

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014

I have no problem in playing with even Medium Settings, i only want it to play at 40+ FPS, i'm using a AMD 8650G+AMD 8670M(Laptop) for the last 4 years, so i think my new setup will be better than this.

But can it handle the 2K resolution at Medium to High settings?
I play games like GTA V, Call of Duty(all games), Hitman Series, Battlefield series, and The Witcher 3, mostly only AAA titles. Can i use this setup for the next 3 years?