Is This monitor worth it for gaming (21:9 2560x1080 LG 29um67)

ajsski99

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
Hello, i am currently looking to buy an LG 29um67 monitor and wondered if it was worth it. i will primarily be using the monitor for widescreen gaming and light video editing and Photoshop use.
so my question is, is the monitor worth it for these tasks or should i stick to the Samsung 1080p TV i'm currently using.

all replies are much appreciated, Ajsski99

Solution
I bought one of those for my parents recently to replace the decade old duel monitors they had. it has a great picture, and supposedly supports free sync! i wasn't noticing any ghosting issues in regular desktop usage, however i haven't had a change to test it formally, nor for gaming as there computer is also quite old. one thing i do know though is a lot of games do not support 21:9 aspect ratios so you will run in to issues with some titles, especially older ones.

Given you do not list the model number of the Samsung TV you are using i can not make a comparison.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
I bought one of those for my parents recently to replace the decade old duel monitors they had. it has a great picture, and supposedly supports free sync! i wasn't noticing any ghosting issues in regular desktop usage, however i haven't had a change to test it formally, nor for gaming as there computer is also quite old. one thing i do know though is a lot of games do not support 21:9 aspect ratios so you will run in to issues with some titles, especially older ones.

Given you do not list the model number of the Samsung TV you are using i can not make a comparison.

Solution

ajsski99

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

how do i find out the model number of my tv?

ajsski99

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

my tv at the moment is a : samsung ue22f5000ak

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012